The Bluemassmed project relies on 4 working groups : the User group, the Legal group, the Technical group and the Communication group.
The User group (UWG):
The objectives of the UWG (and the results of its work) are a key issue to the added value of the BMM project. The BMM UWG is at the root of the enhanced co-operation in matters of maritime surveillance between BMM partners (and BMM Member States). Out of the state of the art, based on stated lacks, it identifies and defines the future extension of data exchanges between partners and their individual or already linked information systems.
The Legal group (LWG):
The main objectives of the legal group are to give legal support to the foreseen exchange of information, to define the extent of the exchange, and to give legal support to specific agreements. To reach that aim, the following specific objectives are established in four main steps:
- study the legal framework in European legislation regarding the exchange of information;
- catalogue the legal framework in the involved countries regarding exchange of information;
- elaborate and propose common, although specific, MoU between the different entities involved in the exchange of information in order to enable it
- propose a European legal instrument enabling and smoothing the progress of future interoperability.
The Technical group (TWG) :
The objectives of the TWG is to translate users’ requirement into technical challenges and possible solutions, choices and requirements, to meet the project objectives: technical background and possibilities based on state-of-art technologies, normalized system interfaces, standardization’s proposals of the co-operation protocols, technical requirement for the experimental system, for national adaptations/interface and for the experimentation, and monitoring the realisation of the system.
By means of the technical studies, the TWG will:
- establish the most appropriate service, data storage, network and dissemination architecture;
- define common models and formats for data and products shared across the architecture;
- establish tools and procedures for implementation of data exchange and data exploitation.
The Communcation group (CWG) :
The objectives of the CWG are the following: set a communication plan, manage a Web Site, produce and disseminate documentation (leaflets, etc..), organise or participate in conferences and/or seminars.